Friday, April 29, 2011

The Cove by Catherine Coulter


From Barnes and Noble:
"So perfect, like a Hollywood set," FBI agent James Quinlan thinks as he enters The Cove, a seemingly tranquil, picture-postcard town situated on the Oregon coast. Quinlan has been on Sally Brainerd's trail since her arms-dealing father, Amory St. John, was murdered. Sally is the key witness, and it's Quinlan's job to bring her in. Quinlan, whose cover is working as a PI hired to find an old couple who had mysteriously disappeared three years earlier, quickly learns that when he starts asking questions, bad things start happening. Coulter (The Nightingale Legacy), whose contemporary suspense novels are, unfortunately, few and far between, delivers a fast-paced, solidly structured read despite the occasionally cartoonish characters."

So right now I'm trying to read real fast through all the book that I have at home and get rid of them so that I don't have to pack and lugg them on our journey. I'm not even positively sure where this book came from, but it was in the stack so it had to be read.
This was my first Catherine Coulter novel. I am familiar with her because she is so popular, but I had never actually read her myself.
I'm not really sure how to express myself on this book. It started out like any good romantic suspense, but somewhere along the way it just got strange. It's like there was about 4 different plots going on. I think she for sure could have gotten two books out of this one. It was ok. It was not would I would really call fast paced. Somehow for it to have so much going on, it actually moved rather slowly for me.
For me, I would have liked it better had she stuck with one or the other. Stick with Sally's stuff, or stick with the town's stuff. It was just alot to take in.
Based soley on this book, I cannot say that I'm a Coulter fan. I have one more book to read before I fully decide. It was just ok.
We'll give this one a 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment