Monday, April 25, 2011

Death is Forever by Elizabeth Lowell


Since Barnes and Noble, I'll give you a synopsis.
Erin is a photographer that has been through some rather rough experiences in the past. She was used by her father (a CIA agent) in a mission that ended up with her beaten and raped repeatedly. She as a result no longer trusts anyone and is more at home in the wilderness without people.
Cole Blackburn has also been forced to see the bad in people and has in turned lost his ability to trust.
Erin and Cole are half owners in a diamond mine that is believed to have the most magnificent diamonds ever seen, they just don't know where it is.
Everyone is trying to get them to either not find the mine, or turn it over to someone else. With only each other to trust they must survive the brutal Austrailian build-up and find the mine.
This book was full of adventure. I liked the fast pace and I enjoyed learning about the diamond industry. I found both Erin and Cole likeable characters. I liked how they evolved over the book. The only thing that I would have liked to have seen was a little more development of their relationship. They stayed mad at each other over pretty much the entire book. They were both working through internal things and didn't really leave much room for the development of the relationship.
I felt like there at the end it was all rather sloppily thrown together. Their last meeting was kind of just there. No lead up, no real ending I felt like.
I did like it, it was a nice story and I feel like I can take something away with me.
Overall I think I'll give this one a 2.5 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment