Friday, February 25, 2011

The Midnight Hour by Karen Robards


From Barnes and Noble:
Karen Robards offers up another superb romantic suspense novel, with a slight touch of supernatural. The Midnight Hour is one of her best! Grace Hart is a single mother and a juvenile- and family-court judge in Bexley, Ohio -- and her daughter, Jessica, has gotten out of control. When Jessica goes into what might be diabetic shock, hunky Tony Marino thinks Grace should practice what she preaches as a family-court judge. But there's more to what's going on than either Grace or Tony realize. Someone is stalking Jessica and breaking into Grace's home.
So it's official, this book made the decision for me. I'm not a Karen Robards fan. For me the only likeable character in this book was Tony. It's good that I liked him, as he was the hero, but what about the rest of them. I didn't like Grace. She was not a strong character. She was whiny (which I hate) and not very well put together. I like to see a person change somewhat through a book. I like them to learn and become better people right before my eyes. This was not so. I didn't like Jessica, she was a brat. She did do some turning around right at the end of the book but not soon enough for me to see a big heart wrenching moment. The story line was good. What she was going for had the potential to be really good, we just never got there. It was an ok book. It was fairly quick. It's not like it was painful to read and it was tied up nice and tidy. But I would rather read a great, or even good book than just an ok one.


No comments:

Post a Comment