Monday, May 9, 2011

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins


From Barnes and Noble:
"Divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancĂ© back at home is not likely to be sympathetic. Harper can't help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick's eyes, Harper's always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting—just around the bend."
So I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but my mood tends to go along with whatever book I'm reading. So since DH has been away I've tried my best to just read books that are happy-go-lucky. I've tried to keep everything around me as upbeat as possible so that I can stay that way.
This book was cute. It was funny, and it did a great job of seeing inside someone with flaws and how she fixed them. But it made me rather sad for pretty much the whole book.
Harper had alot of stuff going on, and she did her best to fix things as she knew how. But she ran into one road block after another. I felt so bad for her. I felt the pain that she was feeling, and that my friends is not good for me...lol.
It was good. Higgins did a great job and under other circumstances I would love this book. But instead for right now it has brought me down a bit. But that's only because Higgins did a great job of making you believe and feel her characters.
I will definately read her again, but I will make sure I have my DH back first...just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment