Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Guardian by Dee Henderson


From Barnes and Noble:
"A federal judge has been murdered. There is only one witness, and an assassin wants her dead. U.S. Marshall Marcus O'Malley thought he knew the risks of the assignment . . . but he was wrong.
Introducing the O'Malleys, an inspirational group of seven, all abandoned or orphaned as teens, who have made the choice to become a loyal and committed family. They have chosen their own surname, O'Malley, and have stood by each other through moments of joy and heartache. Their stories are told in CBA best-selling, inspirational romantic suspense novels that rock your heart and restore strength and hope to your spirit. "

I walk away from this book wishing that I had gotten to know both Marcus and Shari better.
Shari had some insecurities that I thought she would completely overcome in this book that really weren't touched on. We saw her moving in the right direction, but no definative change.
I expected alot more from Marcus. I expected to know him much better. I thought that I would see into his past a bit. He's the dark and mysterious one of the O'Malley's so I thought that we would find him to be a super strong guy with this incredible past. That could be, but we just don't know.
I liked that Dave had a pretty strong presence and Quinn as well.
I really feel like that in order to really appreciate all that's going on in the character's lives now, we need to know alot more about the past.
I can't say that I'm totally disgusted or anything, but I am a wee bit disappointed that I didn't really get to know these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment