Wednesday, August 3, 2011

True Honor by Dee Henderson



From Barnes and Noble:

"CIA officer Darcy St. James is after a man who knew September 11 would happen—a man who chose to profit from the knowledge. Navy SEAL Sam "Cougar" Houston is busy: The intelligence Darcy is generating has his team deploying around the world. Under the pressure of war, their romance flourishes. But it may be a short relationship: for the terrorists have chosen their next targets, and Darcy's name is high on the list.
Uncommon Heroes: Welcome to a world where friendships go deep, loyalties stand strong, and uncommon heroes perform the toughest jobs in the world. Dee Henderson's military romance series provides a detailed passage into the world of the military and homeland heroes, and those they love."

I am still on the liking Dee Henderson kick. This book added in alot of suspense. I liked meeting Darcy and Gabe. I liked seeing a little more of Wolf and getting to know Cougar.
I loved how Henderson worked in Darcy feeling guilty about what she does. She is ultimately responsible for the information that will either kill the bad guy or save the bad guy and innocent people die. She struggles with how God will feel about her being a part of people (good or bad) being killed. She also struggles with the whole good and evil thing.
I loved how Cougar always has such a profound statement when they are needed. I loved how he stuck with her even when she was less than blissful.
There were alot of struggles in this book. I loved the struggle themselves, because they are so real. And I loved how the struggles worked themselves out. I also love to learn a little bit about myself when I'm reading a book. Henderson works scripture into her books that shed light on everyday things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment