Tuesday, August 2, 2011

True Valor by Dee Henderson

From Barnes and Noble:
"Heroes get a new meaning when you see inside their lives. Gracie is a Navy Pilot; Bruce works Air Force Pararescue. With dangerous jobs—often away from home—they write love letters. When Gracie is shot down behind enemy lines, Bruce has one mission: get her out alive.
Uncommon Heroes: Welcome to a world where friendships go deep, loyalties stand strong, and uncommon heroes perform the toughest jobs in the world. Dee Henderson's military romance series provides a detailed passage into the world of the military and homeland heroes, and those they love. "

I was looking forward to this book and I wasn't disappointed. I love the concept of writing a book through letters. I love letters, especially love letters! You can see so much of a person based on a letter. It's truly a lost art. The most important thing in my house are my letters from my husband.
I just really loved Grace and Bruce. I loved getting to meet them. I loved that Henderson tackled the toughness that is dual military. I love that she shows the good side of the military life. Often we hear the bad side. I love how she was able to truly display what it is that people around the military feel. It's a pride to be able to do something for their country.
I will leave you with this fantastic quote.
""Not taking relationships for granted is part of what life teaches you. When you're in the military, you just learn that lesson sooner. I think of it as the life squeeze, the pressure deployments put on decisions about priorities. Most people in the civilian world can become workaholics and ignore fmaily because they come home every night and think it's enough. Only when you're gone for months at a time do you learn how strong the relationships you have really are.
Civilians lose out on so much: doing something that benefits a nation, being in a job that requires excellence every day, getting reminded regularly why you should pay attention to the real priorities in life. The military teaches you not to get attached to the place or the thing but the people."

No comments:

Post a Comment